I like eggs.
Please oh please tell me you remember this from The Amanda Show
OK im done with the 90's refereneces for this post!
Part of my meal make over was to start actually eating breakfast.
When I sat down and started thinking about this I remembered a recipie that my mom taught me. It is super duper easy and super super yummy
I'm not sure when the last time you've tried to make an omelet was butttt they can be kinda tricky… they never really turn out right, until NOW.
1 freezer quart zip lock bag (NOT sandwhich… it will melt, you will be sad)
fixins' (ya know the stuff that make it super yummy)
1. Bring a sauce pan of water to a boil
2. Gather the ingredients
3. Crack the eggs into the bag
4. Add fixins'
Here are 3 of my favorites
Mediterranean: Artichoke Hearts, Olives, Feta Cheese
American: Ham and Cheese
5. Shake the eggs and fixins'
don't use a fork because that bruises the eggs ;)
( do you remember when MK & A taught us all how to scramble eggs in Billboard Dad….oops another 90's reference)
5. Drop the bag into the water and let boil for 12 minutes
6. Remove the bag from the water carefully, cut open the bag and slide the perfectly cooked omelet onto a plate.
Some of the best things about these omelets are
1. You can make multiple at a time in a bigger pot. Omelet party any one??
2. They take HALF the time of a "real" omelet because you can make them all at one time!
3. Healthy Healthy Healthy… NO OILS and you can use egg whites if you prefer
4. You don't have to attempt that awkward omelet flip that almost no one can do.
I always pop mine in when I am in the shower!