I love the Super Bowl very much. I love that I won the Super Bowl betting pool even more, but most of all I love the snacks. Where cream cheese and bacon/sausage meet is a magical place--pure dang magic.
When I started brainstorming on what to bring to the Super Bowl party we were going to Reese gave me very specific perimeters...
1. No "fu-fu" Dips.
2. Must involve meat.
3. Little to no vegetables.
So basically boy food.
Jalapeño Sausage Crescent Bites
... and apparently "jalapeños" dont count as a vegetable in case you were wondering.
Super easy, super quick, super guy-friendly!
I started with this recipe but added some twists!
1 lb. hot pork sausage
1 8oz block of cream cheese
2-3 jalapeños de-veined and seeded
(the heat is the veins and the seeds, so add or remove based on how hot you want them)
1/2 cup of shreaded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
2 packages of crescent rolls
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
1. Brown sausage in a large saute pan. Add jalapeño, continue to saute; drain. Return to pan; add salt and pepper. Blend cream cheese and 1/c c of cheddar cheese into sausage mixture.
2. Open and unroll crescent rolls onto a foil lined baking sheet. Pinch together seams to create one layer.
3. Spread sausage and cheese mixture over the unrolled crescent roll dough.
4. Use the second crescent roll to cover the sausage mixture. Pinch the seams together to again to create one layer. Cover with the rest of the cheddar cheese.
5. Bake @ 375 for 20 minutes, or until dough is golden brown.
6. Cut pastry, with a pizza cutter, into bite size squares and serve.