The other day when I buzzed into Ulta (ok, ok I didn't buzz... I lingered, hoping millions of magic make up dollars to magically appear in my wallet) I started a casual conversation with a guy working the Urban Decay section. Turns out he works for Urban Decay so while he was buttering me up (thanks for all the compliments buddy) he mentioned UD was having a free make over day and I should make an appointment. Considering he had me at "free" I made an appointment and then promptly forgot. While watching my Aggies play Alabama, I got a call reminding me of my appointment. When I thought about it I realized that there really isn't any better way to spend a Saturday in the South than college football and a free makeover at halftime ( I only missed 2 minutes of the 2nd quarter and 3 mins of the 3rd, timing ladies, timing). I loved the final look and can't wait to use some of the tips my sweet make up artist suggested!
|Hover over the image to see product placement|
Tips from the Urban Decay Make Up Artist:
- Stick concealer is best at under eye concealing, other wise use a concealer brush will keep concealer out of fine lines (which BTW you can see some of my fine lines in this picture and it is FREAKING ME OUT)
- Use black shadow over eyeliner to create a softer line.
- Contour with bronzer under cheek bone, the outline of the face and under the jaw line.
- Use a tissue to create a more even line with the darker outer colors.
- Use black shadow to line the "little c" of the outer eye for a smoky effect (great for turning a "daytime" look into a "nighttime" look)