Today I am twenty five.
I have an interesting relationship with my birthday-- frenemies if you will (is frenemies still a thing or is that "so 2012"?). Regardless our relationship is complicated to say the least. Due to timing (Hello Turkey Day, we meet again) and my personality I struggle with "celebrating" every year. This year is no exception, but this year is a landmark year-- 25, a quarter of a century, the age where I can finally rent a car (HA!), the age where I can legally dive my grandparents car unmarried (yes, that is a real clause in their ancient auto insurance policy... i'm convinced their policy is kept behind glass at some insurance hall of history). After much debate on whether I was even going to acknowledge my birthday here I have decided to do the popular 25x26 list of goals... some are lofty and some are simple, but all have something to do with my transition into being in my "late" 20's. So with out further adu (because I'm already getting birthday awkward talking this much about my birthday) I present to you my 25x26...
1. Buy a sewing machine and actually use it: Fun fact, I took sewing lessons for 6 years of my life and did "fashion" classes in high school and then went to college and promptly stopped.
2. Volunteer: In college I volunteered all the time and truly miss it.
3. Buy something at Anthroplogie at full price: If you've been around here at all you know I love me a deal, but there is something about going into a store finding something I LOVE and buying it with out doing math in my head.
4. Rebrand my photography business: Eventually Im gonna have to figure out what I am doing with my side business... I should probably do that this year.
5. Order a Stichfix: It looks like so fun!
6. Participate in 25 Random Acts of Kindness: One a month for 1 year, 25 different places, 25 different people.
7. Visit a new state: California? North Carolina?
8. Have a successful dinner party: Emphasis on "successful"... i've attempted before it wasn't a disaster, but it wasn't exactly successful either.
9. Make a 4 corse meal from scratch: See goal above.
10. Camp out in "my" living room: Fort and all.
11. Buy a real piece of furniture: No craigslist, no vintage store, no friend of a friend stuff... like a real piece of legit adult furniture. I have no idea where I am going to put said furniture, but ya know we'll figure it out.
12. Find and shoot a woking Polaroid camera: I want the real thing not a photoshopped/instagramed version.
13. Get monogramed stationary: Um do I need to explain why I need this?
14. Run in a 5k: Ugh, I don't wanna talk about it. (I did make a goal once to run a 1/2 marathon, but then I came to my senses)
15. Take a calligraphy class: It just so prettttttyyyy!!! I already sorta know how, but it would be nice to learn correctly.
16. Wear my hair a different way everyday for 30 days: I did resist the urge to cut it. I probably should learn how to fix it.
17. Go to an A&M game: I have been a major 2%er since graduating. I need to step up my game.
18. Join a Book Club: Cause I am a teacher and I should... I also hear they serve wine at those things.
19. Go to a photography workshop: After hearing about Ashley's experience at The Glow workshop I HAVE to get my camera hands all over one of those things.
21. Go to a rodeo: There are too many great performers and too much fair food not to make this a goal.
22. Go to a real life Fashion Show: SO FANCY, yall.
23. Learn how to fish tail braid: FINALLY my hair is long enough.
24. Get a picture published somewhere: There are lots of things I have accomplished in my photography "business" but I feel like getting something published will be a real sign of achievement.
25. Get engaged: I'm just not gonna make any commentary on that one.