I recently found myself in the position where I had to write two Bio/About Me blurbs. One for my wedding website (which is coming soon and I will requite you all to visit because Reese working really hard on it and it is the bomb.com) and one for Thrive, a blogger conference in which I am speaking and the official photographer. Y’all, writing in the third person is harrrrrdddd and stupid and makes me feel like the narcissistic get-up-on-stage-and-rant-about-"artistry" side of Kanye West. No one should have to feel like Kanye West… either side. I sat down to write and all I came up with was the following—
- Meg Cady Scholz--Has no idea what she is doing in life. She is currently contemplating running off to Harvard Law in her pink convertible and pulling a full on Elle Woods. Bend and Snap Beechessss.
- Meg Scholz is West Phlidelphia born and raised in the mall is where she spent most of her days— chillin out, maxin, relaxing all cool, shooting some gossip out by the pool when a couple of girls (The Plastics) who were up to no good started making trouble in the neighborhood (cafeteria) got in one little fight (someone was it by a bus) and my mom got scared she said you moving with your aunt and uncle in bell air (I WISH!).
- Meg Cady Scholz has a blog? What’s a blog? Who’s Meg? Wasn’t she that twirler from high school who cried to pass AP World History our sophomore year?
- Meg Scholz died. Memorial Service to be held. (If you need her she will be hiding in a back bedroom to see how many people show up to her memorial service a là Ross in Friends “The One with the Memorial Service”)
- Meg Scholz grew up in Stars Hallow, CT and is best friends with Rory and Lorelei Gilmore. Her interests include obscure pop-culture references, talking faster than the average human, hating Jess Mariano and coffee--coffee,coffee,coffee.
Sooooo after I got all that out of my head (can you tell I don't have cable and consist solely on a steady diet of netflix) I did actually write semi appropriate and professional “About Me” blurbs that you can now go read on the Thrive site and soon on our wedding website (which I again repeat is being built by the best fiancé ever).