Memories are CRAZY important to me. So important to me that even the memory of making my Matron of Honor pull over in a church parking lot at 7: 30am the morning of the wedding so I could throw up the mix of black coffee and nerves/excitement* churning in my stomach is one I treasure. Unfortunately, I don't have photographic evidence of the afore mentioned special memory. However, I do have proof of other sweet moments and items from our day. Memories like my mother holding court with my bridesmaids, sipping from my first item (ok fine, maybe like 3rd... whatever) to have my new monogram on it or hiding my panic of running 8 minutes off schedule with a sassy face-- sure glad I have that one documented.
The real sentimental stuff came in the form of:
- A set of pearls my grandmother gave to me and the note that came along with them.
- Getting to add the infinity bracelet Reese gave me on our first anniversary to the pearl set from my grandparents.
- The veil that my cousin Sarah first wore on her wedding day and will continued to be passed down though our families (Lord and style willing, we all know what happened in the 80's).
- Getting dressed with my sweet mama and my Matron of Honor KatieBeth.
- Getting to have my girls see my for the first time all Bride-ed up!
- And knowing all the while I was making special memories so was my groom... special memories like trading pants with a groomsmen because his were the wrong size.
Truly it was a special day for old memories to find new life and new memories to be created.
*I swear on a stack of bibles that my adventures in the parking lot were not caused by alcohol BIBLE!
** CLICK THAT LINK, thank me later.
All photos courtesy of the beautiful, wonderful, talented Unveiled Radiance